Thursday, April 26, 2012

What on Earth did we just create?

Okay I know I'm a little late on Earth Day, but my students and I did a week long Earth day project that we just finished-- a Recycled T-Shirt Quilt. All the kids loved the idea and enjoyed taking part in crafting it. The finished product turned out even better than I thought it would!

Isn't it so cute? My kiddies did an awesome job on it-- Now here's how you make it:
RECYCLED T-SHIRT QUILT

Materials: 
  • Old T-Shirts
  • Yarn
  • Markers
  • Hole Puncher

Instructions: 

  1. Cut squares out of old T-Shirts (the quilt probably could have turned out neater if all the squares were the same size but the kids had fun with cutting their own squares to the size they wanted)
  2. Have the children draw or write ways to help the environment on their squares 
  3. Layout the squares in a pattern for a quilt
  4. Hole punch the squares together and tie them together with yarn
  5. WALLAH it's a Quilt !  
Now the only problem--the kids are fighting over who gets to keep it. And that answer would be ME! =)

Happy Crafting-- go green ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment